- sukiyaki beef (beef sliced about 1/8 inch thick, find in Asian markets)
- shaved burdock root (whittle like a pencil)
- sliced onions
- shiitake mushrooms
- oyster mushrooms
- sliced carrots
- itokonyaku (konyaku noodles)
Warishita (Sauce) Ingredients:
- 1 part sake
- 1 part soy sauce
- 1 part mirin
- a sprinkling of sugar
- Mix together sake, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet grease the pan lightly and let it heat up.
- Place all of the ingredients in neat clumps around the pan and pour the warishita sauce over everything.
- Once beef is thoroughly cooked, take off the heat.
- To eat, beat one egg in a small bowl. Take the ingredients and dip it into the egg and eat! (This is optional, but the traditional way to eat it. Plus it adds richness.)