Prefect French Fries
- 5 pounds Russet Potatoes
- Vegetable Or Peanut Oil For Frying
- Sea Salt
- Peel and rinse the potatoes, then cut them into sticks by cutting the potato in four or five vertical pieces, then cutting each piece into sticks.
- Place them in a large bowl and cover with cold water, then allow them to soak for two or three hours. (You can also stick them in the fridge and let them soak for several hours or overnight.)
- When you’re ready to make the fries, drain off the water and lay them on two baking sheet lined with paper towels. Blot them with paper towels to dry them.
- Heat a few inches of oil in a heavy pot to 300 degrees.
- In 3 or 4 batches, cook the potatoes for about 4 to 5 minutes per batch, or until the potatoes are soft. They should not be brown at all at this point! You just want to start the cooking process. Remove each batch and drain them on new/dry paper towels.
- Once all the potatoes have been fried at 300, turn up the heat until the oil reaches 400 degrees. When the oil’s hot, start frying the potatoes in batches again, cooking until the fries are golden and crisp. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle fries with sea salt and dive in!