raspberry & goat cheese swirl brownies
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
raspberry cheese swirl ingredients:
- 4 ounces room-temperature tofutti cream cheese (or regular cream cheese)
- 1-2 ounces room-temperature goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon room-temperature butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raspberries (I used frozen), lightly mashed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Set raspberries aside (especially if they’re frozen) to thaw at room temperature while you assemble everything else.
- Make a make-shift double boiler by placing a glass bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t actually touch the water. Melt the butter and chocolate, stirring so the chocolate doesn’t burn on the bottom.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat. Stir in milk.
- Let the mixture cool to almost room temperature before adding the eggs (unless you’re not adding the eggs, then proceed).
- In a separate bowl mix together flour and baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Into the chocolate bowl, stir in maple syrup and vanilla. Stir in (already beaten) eggs. Then add in the dry mixture, stir until just combined.
- Whisk (strongly by hand or with a mixer) together the ingredients for the cheese layer – cream cheese, goat cheese, butter, maple syrup, vanilla, until smooth. As I mentioned above, I stirred this up without the goat cheese, divided it in half, and only added goat cheese to one half.
- In an 8×8 or greased pan (or 2 smaller pans – I used two 5×7 pans) pour brownie mixture.
- Spoon cheese mixture on top (doesn’t have to be an even layer).
- Gently crush raspberries with your hands and add them (with juice) on top of the cheese layer.
- Take a knife and swirl the layers in the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (depending on the size of your pan and thickness of your brownie).