Caramel Turtle Rice Krispies Treats
- Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- 3/4 of a pound of store bought individual caramels
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 6 oz. of semi sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare Rice Krispies Treats as directed on cereal box. Spread into a 9”x13” pan.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt caramels (Brach’s brand works well), along with water and vanilla extract.
- It will take about 10 minutes to melt everything together. Stir as needed.
- Pour the melted caramel over the prepared Rice Krispies treats, reserving a small about of caramel in the double boiler (that will be used on the very top as decoration). Spread caramel evenly over the Rice Krispies treats.
- Place the whole pan (of caramel topped rice krispies treats) in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave (in 30 second intervals). When almost melted, remove (carefully) from microwave, and stir until smooth and fully melted.
- Remove rice krispies treats from fridge, and spread melted chocolate over evenly.
- Top with pecans.
- Warm the remaining caramel (that was reserved in the double boiler) and then drizzle caramel on top of pecans.
- Place the pan (of rice krispies treats) in the fridge or on the counter (in cool weather) until the chocolate has set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!