Peanut Butter Crack Pie
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Crust Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 3 Tbls. Cocoa
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 stick softened butter (4 oz.)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbls. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 - 2/3 stick butter softened (2-3oz)
- 1 1/2 Tbls. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Peanut Butter Crack Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 3 Tbls. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 1 cup Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- *powdered sugar and cocoa mixed for garnish*
- For cookie crust base, in a bowl, sift in the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter til creamy, add sugars and continue to beat til fluffy.
- Add egg and beat until well incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter just until mixed well.
- Then, stir in oats.
- Spread onto a silpat covered baking sheet (or parchment lined) and bake in a preheated 375F oven for 12-18 minutes (until firm).
- Let cool, then crumble well for the crust.
- For crust, In a bowl combine the cookie crumbs with the butter, sugar and salt well. Work in with your fingertips (until it will clump when you squeeze it.)
- Press the crust into a pie shell or tart pan (about 6x12, or 9inch round). Press down well (the bottom of a cup can help to press the shell firmly.) Hold while you prepare the filling.
- For filling, preheat oven to 350F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugars, dry milk and salt.
- Whisk in Peanut Butter, butter, cream and vanilla on low speed.
- Whisk in egg yolks on low speed until combined well. It will be very loose.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 325F and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes until the center is not so liquid. It may still have a bit of jiggle.
- Cool and refrigerate.