Maple & Apple Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs. Bragg liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and sliced into 2 inch pieces
- Place pork in a slow cooker.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients except for the apple.
- Pour mixture over pork and top with apples.
- Cook on high for 1 hour. Lower slow cooker to low and cook until pork is fork tender. For me this took about 4 hours, but it could take longer depending on your cooker.
- When pork is fork tender, take out and trim and discard excess fat.
- Pull apart pork with a fork and toss back into cooking liquid in the slow cooker.
- You can add a little more maple syrup if you want and let it cook for another 30 min or so to soak up liquid.
- For some added goodness, take some of the liquid out of the slow cooker and deglaze in a pan. When making your sandwich, top pork with deglazed liquid (read: liquid GOLD) and slaw.