Chocolate and Caramel Cheesecake
- 1.5 cups Oreos
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 cups cream cheese
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 4-5 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Dark chocolate (70%)
- Grease a 7-9 inch spring form pan.
- Combine ore crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the signs of the pan.
- Cover the bottom and half way up the sides of the spring form with aluminum foil. Put it in the fridge while you prepare the cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 320 F.
- Prepare a water bath by boiling water in a saucepan.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add sugar, lemon juice, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat together until fully mixed.
- Melt the chocolate and let it cool. Mix chocolate with about 1/3 of the cheesecake batter.
- First spoon the chocolate batter into prepared pan, then add the rest of the batter.
- Put the spring form in a larger pan which your put into the oven. Then pour water around the cheesecake, the water should reach halfway up the sides.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake is set (it should move just slightly).
- Let it cool completely, then but the whole spring form, covered in the fridge overnight, or about 6-8 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare the caramel.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tsp butter
- Carefully heat the sugar in a saucepan without stirring.
- Once the sugar starts melting and becomes a lovely amber brown cloud, swirl a few times.
- Remove from heat and swirl until the sugar has melted.
- Heat the cream in another saucepan. Add the diced butter to sugar.
- Once butter is added, it will start to curdle a bit, but keep stirring and it will come together.
- Put the saucepan back on the heat. Add the cream a little at a time. Be very careful, it will spit and splatter.
- Let the caramel boil for a few minutes then remove from the heat.
- Let it cool then pour into clean jars. Store in fridge.
Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Finely chop the chocolate and place it in a bowl.
- Carefully heat the cream in a saucepan until it it very hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for about 30 seconds.
- Carefully stir ganache in a shiny and smooth. Let cool.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and roast for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Let cool.
- Remove cheesecake from fridge.Place it on a plate or cake stand. Remove the sides of the spring form.
- Pour caramel on top of the cake (as much as you like). Put back in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, prepare ganache.
- Once the ganache has cooled, remove cake from the fridge and pour ganache on top of the caramel layer.
- Garnish with roasted pecans.